Carlsberg South West Peninsula premier

Tavistock AFC 1

Ivybridge Town 1

THE Lambs paid the penalty for not having put this game to bed in the opening 30 minutes, when they squandered three glorious chances to score and seal a comfortable victory.

The first came in the 10th minute when a great exchange of passes between Glyn Hobbs and Jimmy Alexander saw the latter shoot over the bar from ten yards out. Four minutes later a shot from Hobbs was blocked by a defender, the ball fell to Andy Sargent, who shot woefully wide from eight yards.

The visitors then came more into the game, and looked dangerous on the counter attack with Truelove looking sharp up front.

In the 20th minute the home team should have taken the lead when a great 40 yard cross-field ball found Dan Pethick on the right, his first time cross found Jimmy Kieley in the penalty area, but he shot over the bar.

The visitors then threatened the home goal when Joe Truelove shot over, then Jamie Middleton could have put the visitors ahead, but Andy Meeds made a good save.

The Lambs then had another chance when Glyn Hobbs made a great run down the right beating three defenders before pulled the ball back to Dan Pethick in the penalty area, but he ballooned the ball over the bar. Neither side could break the dead lock before the interval.

The Lambs opened the scoring in the first minute of the second half when Glyn Hobbs put Andy Sargent through on goal and he slotted the ball into the corner of the net.

Jarryd Kelly then made a fine run down the left, his pin point cross found Hobbs, but hid fierce shot was well save by the visitor's keeper. In the 67th minute the home team were awarded a free kick 30 yards from goal, Alexander kick was flicked on by Dan Pethick to Jamie Ahearn but his fine header hit the cros bar.

Two minutes later Ivybridge equalised when Gary Simmons was pulled down in the Lambs penalty area by Paul Chuwen and the referee pointed to the spot. Todd Hanrahan duly stepped up to convert the penalty.

Paul Quinn then picked up an injury and had to be replaced, which meant Dan Pethick having to replace him in the back four. The game could have gone either way in the last quarter but the scores remained level.

The Lambs will see this as two points dropped rather than a point gained. Some of the football played was really pleasing to the eye, but the end product of putting the ball in the net sadly lacking.