FIREFIGHTERS from Tavistock were called to Brook Lane on Saturday (October 11) to a report of a chimney on fire in a domestic property.

One crew from Tavistock attended just before 8.30pm and requested a second appliance from Tavistock for additional crew. Firefighters extinguished the blaze using chimney gear.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental.

l Tavistock firefighters were also called to Crownhill, Plymouth, to cover the area from 3am on Saturday and within an hour were sent to a barn fire in Wembury, near Plymouth, for seven hours, as well as a kitchen fire in Yelverton.

These were followed by a fire alarm in King Street, Tavistock, which was set off due to cooking being left unattended and a chimney fire in Brook Lane.

Firefighters finished duties at 11pm on Saturday.