• A charity collector from the Okehampton area has said she is ‘disappointed, saddened and disgusted’ after being denied permission to collect for charity at a local theatre.
• SEVEN pages of Okehampton Show coverage, including a report, results and loads of wonderful pictures.
• The Okehampton & District Community Transport Group has taken delivery of a smart new wheelchair accessible vehicle.
• Okehampton’s Simmons Park is in the running to be crowned UK’s Best Park 2019 — but it needs your vote to help it beat the competition.
• A free training event was held recently at Meldon Village Hall on using the new public access defibrillator recently installed outside the village hall.
• There was homemade cake and tea while you tour at North Tawton Fire Station on Sunday (August 11) when the fire crew opened their doors to visitors as part of Granny Knight’s Revel which continues this week with a number of events.
• Karen Percival of Okehampton United Charities met members of the North Dartmoor Search Rescue Team (NDSART) recently to celebrate the installation of a new ceiling mounted projector in the team’s headquarters in Hameldown Road, Okehampton.
• A feast of Dartmoor music, dance, song and craft brought the crowds to the 42nd Dartmoor Folk Festival last weekend, with showers of rain and windy weather failing to dampen the spirit of those who attended.
• NINE pages of local sport coverage, including coverage of Okehampton Rugby Club’s friendly win against the Hornets..
CommentsTo leave a comment you need to create an account. |