DJM U15s Defiance

St Cleer 5

Horrabridge Rangers 1

THE home side though who took the lead after 15 minutes when Moran scored from 12 yards. The visitors almost equalised immediately when Glenn Fullers rasping drive was superbly saved by the home keeper. St Cleer applied lots of pressure but the Rangers defence of Northam, Glanville, Johnson and Madar cleared their lines well.

Horrabridge started the second half at blistering pace and the visitors struggled to get out of their own half for 15 minutes. This led to a deserved equaliser  when Harry Eaton jinked between players before teeing up debutant Sam Daw who drilled the ball home from 10 yards.

However in the final 25 minutes scoring four goals in the space of 10 minutes.

Plymstock Utd 5

Horrabridge Rangers 0

RANGERS travelled to champions elect Plymstock with the disadvantage of missing several players and having to play Josh Birch in goal.

Plymstock took the lead after six minutes when Edwards drove home. Horrabridge reacted well and with Tom Wright and Sam Ryder donning the centre-midfield role started to play some decent football. The Plymstock keeper made two good saves within minutes to deny Max Burgess and Wright. Just before half-time Plymstock hit a second when Robertson scored from close range.

Plymstock dominated in the second half but Horrabridge battled well, especially and the defence and stand-in keeper Josh Birch. Plymstock scored further goals but Rangers deserve real credit for the way they battled.

Horrabridge Rangers 1

Ivybridge Town 7

HORRABRIDGE took the attack to Ivybridge. Rangers' front three of Burgess, Fry and new signing Alex Pope were always a handful for the visiting defence and the Ivybridge keeper kept them in the game with several fine saves early on. Horrabridge thought they had taken the lead after 15 minutes when Harry Eatons 18 yard thunderbolt free-kick was superbly tipped over the bar by the keeper. Ivybridge took the lead after 25 minutes with a totally fluke goal from Rowell. With minutes of the half remaining Ivybridge were awarded a penalty which was converted by Maller.

Horrabridge started the second half well and got themselves back into the game when Harry Eaton superbly beat four players before sliding a ball through to Alex Pope who smashed the ball home from 10 yards. The visitors then totally folded and, Ivybridge ran riot scoring a further five goals in the half.