Okehampton Men’s first team defeated Ashmoor Twos by two goals to one last Saturday.

Goals from George Morgan, and a second half winner from Luke Miller, maintained their impressive form in the Walter C Parson Peninsula League Cup Third Round.

This weekend they face a challenging fixture at home to East Devon at 12.15pm on the Okehampton all-weather pitch.

Meanwhile, Okehampton men’s second team travelled to Liskeard hoping to continue the new year’s winning run.

Facing Caradon C, Okehampton stuck to their game plan of simple straightforward hockey to break down the home team.

Oke controlled the possession, for much of the early stages, but Caradon’s robust defence made it very difficult for the visitors to break through.

The welcome return of T Morgan strengthened the Oke midfield, and one of his line breaking passes that Godsland latched on to to open the scoring for Okehampton.

Okehampton further grew into the game, and Pete Covington’s tenacity created a great chance for Luxton to find the space and to double the score.

Okehampton continued to press and as they resumed their attacks, cracks continued to form in Caradon’s defence.

Exploiting this, the partnership of Godsland and Luxton, worked well in tandem and they helped each other to find the back of the net resulting in a relatively comfortable half-time lead of four goals to nil.

Early pressure from Oke as the second half got underway meant they were likely to build on their lead.

As they pushed forward, A Morgan utilised the additional space to launch the ball across the face of goal, with Godsland diverting it into Caradon’s net, completing his hat-trick.

Okehampton’s goal tally grew further with Covington scoring one of his own, before Luxton closed the game with a penalty stroke.

The result wasCaradon Threes: 0, Okehampton Twos: 7

The win moves Okehampton up to fourth in the league table and will give the side confidence for their away trip to play the University of Plymouth Threes next week.